* Support for IES light profiles with real light profile intensities, and ability to scale profile intensity using real world units
* Support for photometric (candela, lumen, lux) or radiometric (watt, watt/s, watt/m2) real world-units
* A photon emitter that supports light profiles, area lights, and is linked to direct light intensity
* Ability to use area lights with soft shadows while retaining IES profile sharpness/definition
* Support for color temperatures
* Light profile rotation
* A shader to create object/geometry lights
* A separate simple texture shader to add light profile support to other nodes
* Works with both Maya and Softimage on Windows 64-bit and 32-bit, Linux 64-bit, and MacOSX (Maya only).
* Completely free and fully open source (BSD license) with minimal restrictions, so you can compile for other platforms, incorporate the code into other free or commercial projects and redistribute.
* Comprehensive manual
The goal of the shader is really to be the only light shader for mental ray you will ever need to use. Please post if you run into any trouble or bugs. Any comments, feedback or nice renders are always appreciated. Enjoy!